Malacañang Palace on Monday reminded Filipinos that they cannot choose the brand of the COVID-19 vaccine that they will be receiving from the national government.
In a briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque reiterated that they don’t have control as to what vaccine would be readily available once the rollout on the vaccination program will begin this year.
Roque said those who are on the vaccination priority list can sign a waiver should they wish to not get vaccinated. However, he warned that they will lose their slot on the list.
He added that Filipinos should not be choosy at this time since there are also a lot of Filipino who need to be vaccinated.
The Philippine government has secured vaccine supply deals with China’s Sinovac, UK vaccine maker AstraZeneca, and the Serum Institute of India.
Currently, it is also negotiating with other seven vaccine manufacturers in the procurement of at least 148 million COVID-19 shots as it targets to cover two-thirds of its population this year.
Authorities said earlier that there are 35 million Filipinos who are on the inoculation priority list. (ES)
Source: Fililpino Times

No comments:
Post a Comment