The Philippine government will start to allow foreign travellers next month as the travel ban on different countries due to UK COVID-19 variant will end on January 31.

The IATF announced that travel restrictions will still be imposed for tourist visa holders, and only those with valid visas will be allowed to enter the country subject to existing quarantine and testing protocols.

The IATF said that all foreign nationals who will arrive in the Philippines from Feb. 1 should have valid and existing visas at the time of entry, except for those qualified under the Balikbayan program under Republic Act No. 6768 or the Act Instituting the Balikbayan Program.

“These foreign nationals should also have a pre-booked accommodation for at least seven nights in an accredited quarantine hotel or facility,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

The travelers will be subjected to COVID-19 tests on the sixth day and mandatory quarantine.

The entry of these foreign nationals “will be subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry,” said Roque.

The Philippines has so far over 519,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases. At least 36 countries and territories were placed under the travel ban list due to the new COVID-19 variants. (TDT)


Source: Fililpino Times

No comments:

Post a Comment