The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said it will leave no stone unturned to seek justice for the death of Mary Anne Daynolo, a Filipina receptionist in Abu Dhabi.

Foreign Affairs Secretary Teddy Boy Locsin Jr. said on Twitter, when asked by a reporter: “With deep regret, DFA confirms that the dead body of Ms. Mary Anne Daynolo, missing since March 2020, has been found.”

He added: “Remains arrived 1/30/21. UAE police arrested murder suspect—a colleague of Ms. Daynolo—confessed to crime. We’ll leave no stone unturned for justice.”

Mary Anne’s remains was found by the UAE police authorities last January 19. Abu Dhabi Police said the suspect has confessed to the crime and is currently under police custody.

In a local report, her sister said they were supposed to meet on March 4 last year. However, she could not contact Mary Anne after her duty.

“Noong gabi na at parang ine-expect na tapos na ‘yung duty niya, hindi na siya ma-contact,” her sister Mari Franz Madrilejos told GMA News.

The family’s search for Mary Anne, the youngest of five children, went on for 10 months until she was found dead 10 months later.

The Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi said they have been coordinating with UAE authorities since Mary Anne was reported missing.

“Amb. Quintana assured the relatives that the Embassy will spare no effort in seeking justice for the death of Ms. Daynolo. The Embassy lawyer is now closely assisting the family in taking all necessary legal action to make sure justice is served,” as per a statement from the Philippine Embassy.

The embassy said it is working closely with Daynolo’s family and the authorities in Abu Dhabi, as the criminal investigation continues to find out further details on the death of the OFW.


Source: Fililpino Times

No comments:

Post a Comment