The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) in the Philippines is set to release its decision on the emergency use authorization (EUA) application of British drugmaker AstraZeneca for its COVID-19 vaccine this week.

FDA director-general Eric Domingo, in an interview on ABS-CBN News Channel, said the company was able to send their replies to FDA’s questions last Friday.

Their evaluators will start looking through it again and come up with a decision this week.

RELATED STORY: PH to receive first batch of AstraZeneca vaccines in May or June

To date, only Pfizer has secured an FDA clearance for its vaccine’s emergency use in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, Domingo said they are still asking for additional information on Sputnik V, the vaccine developed by the Gamaleya Institute of Russia.

China’s Sinovac only submitted its clinical trials data last week.

READ ON: LIST: Several LGUs strike a deal with AstraZeneca for COVID-19 vaccine

Domingo added it will take them another two weeks before they can finish evaluating or even ask more questions from Sinovac.

Bharat Biotechnology from India was the latest to send its EUA application last week. However, Domingo said they have not given their clinical trial phase 3 results so they cannot start their evaluation. (ES)


Source: Fililpino Times

No comments:

Post a Comment